Sociosexuality OE

Posted on | August 20, 2010 | 15 Comments |

How could I possibly not take a test that promises to tell me how promiscuous I am? Especially when it’s a) really simple, and b) really easy to understand? Win!

Over at BigThink, I took the online test. And, funnily enough, came out as rather promiscuous. What really amused me, though, is that it suggested the country I would be most ‘at home’ in is Finland: the #1 most promiscuous country out of the 48 countries the study evaluated. Huh.

Even more amusing was the #2 country. Can you guess what it was? Well, it’s exactly where I am now: New Zealand. Go go sexy kiwis!

So – go take the test and tell me which country you should be in. Will you join me in New Zealand? Or visit me in Finland? Or will I have to come to you instead?

Comments

15 Responses to “Sociosexuality OE”

1. Nadia West
    August 21st, 2010 @ 2:09 am

Yeah, I got Finland too. Fancy that.

Though I’ve always wanted to travel to New Zealand.

2. Iona
    August 21st, 2010 @ 6:53 am

Hey Dee – I come up the same as you. I’d be interested in how they weight the answers.

I think we should plan a party, Finnish style.

August 21st, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

Nadia – Finland’s looking popular!

Sapio – They mentioned the weighting further down:
    Here are the seven numbers that were added together to get your promiscuity measure:

* The number of sexual partners you have had in the last year, multiplied by five.
    * The number of sexual partners you see yourself having in the next five years (realistically, not optimistically, and no greater than 30).
    * The number of one-night-stands you have had, multiplied by five.
    * On a scale of one to eight where one is “never” and eight is “every day”, how often do you fantasize about someone other than your current/most recent partner, multiplied by four.
    * On a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 9 (strongly agree) how would you agree with the statement “Sex without love is OK”. Multiply that number by 0.66.
    * Same as above but with the statement “I can imagine myself being comfortable and enjoying casual sex with different partners”. Again it needs to be multiplied by 0.66.
    * On a (new) scale of 1 (strongly agree) to 9 (strongly disagree) how would you agree with the statement “I would have to be closely attached to someone (both emotionally and psychologically) before I could feel comfortable and fully enjoy having sex with him or her”. Multiply that number by 0.66.

4. Silken Bonds
    August 21st, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

I think it’s broken. I got Finland too and my score was most definitely too low to fit there, since I noticably LOWERED the NZ score (by at least a % point!).

5. Silken Bonds
    August 21st, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

… I’m a ditz and have been staring at percentages for too long today.

I still don’t belong in Finland.

August 22nd, 2010 @ 9:35 pm

No Finland for you, Silken!

7. Hylas
    August 22nd, 2010 @ 9:47 pm

Yeah, I got Finland too. I really can’t understand why.

8. viemoira
    August 23rd, 2010 @ 7:41 am

I got Finland as well- which must be base more on my history i am certain! ;)

August 23rd, 2010 @ 11:47 am

I played with the test, and it is possible to get different results (so it’s not just a scam test). I guess we’re just all total sluts!

10. Amie
    August 24th, 2010 @ 10:04 am

I also got Finland. I’m totally surprised.

11. Nanette
    August 24th, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

Nadia West summed it up for me too — I got Finland for some reason, but have always wanted to visit New Zealand.

12. Hylas
    August 24th, 2010 @ 10:05 pm

Hmm.. maybe there’s a big sector of the tourism market that NZ could be missing out on, by not specifically targeting the sexually adventurous. Sure, we have adventure tourism with the bungy jumping and the jet boats and the black water rafting, but what about the sexual adventure tourism?!?

13. Miss Magenta
    August 25th, 2010 @ 3:09 am

Finland for me!

Hylas, what about a combination of sex with the bungee jumping, jet boats and black water rafting? Would make adventure sports even more fun I think!

xx MM

14. Nataly
    September 5th, 2010 @ 4:58 am

finland and norway are definitely two places I have to visit! Nordic countries have nordic scenaries and I cannot die without having had a taste of that

September 5th, 2010 @ 8:44 am

Yep, we definitely need a tour to Finland. And those of you who want to tour NZ? I’ll happily organise that one for you :)