Delicacies

Posted on | July 2, 2010 | 14 Comments |

See the Flash Fiction Friday challenge and image here!

Delicacies

She’d knew she shouldn’t. But it looked so damned inviting!

She turned her head, but while there were other people nearby, they were all focused on other delicacies. She had her chance.

Her breath caught in her throat as her mouth opened, and she tentatively licked the nub. It felt slightly rough on her tongue. She closed her lips around it. There were hints of cocoa and raspberry.

What do you think you’re doing?” She stumbled backwards as the man advanced.

“Uh…”

“Tell me, or I’ll have you thrown out!”

“I was tasting it.”

“I know that, girl. But the tasting is for later, after that show. What makes you think you’re special?”

She knew she’d have to admit it. “The sculpture – the breast – it’s of me,” she explained. “I wanted to see what I tasted like.”

The curator smiled. “I think this will require comparison, girl.”  She could see the crowds turning to them, distracted from the other food sculptures. “So take off your shirt, and let us taste.”

172 words

Comments

14 Responses to “Delicacies”

1. Serotonin
    July 2nd, 2010 @ 7:55 pm

Love this wee flash. Some of my favorite stories start off making you think of something else before smacking you with what’s really going on. It has a nice build-up. First you think it’s a berry, then it’s something else, and then something else. If you have time check out my stuff.

Serotonin

2. The Panserbjørne
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 1:08 am

Oh, that was awesome. I can always expect the unexpected from you. No, that’s not an oxymoron. :)

Delightful! I’m happy to have you playing along with us this week. I particularly liked the way you had taste figuring so prominently.

– PB

3. Lexi
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 1:31 am

This made me giggle. That was the last reaction, but I think there were others before that were wiped out by the giggle and enjoying the cleverness of it. So kudos for the multi-layered onion of it, though sexy giggles are a good way to finish off anything.

4. Diabhal
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 4:14 am

“The curator smiled.”

Yes, I have no doubt he did, as did I. Nicely done, this.

Happy Friday!

5. netsfan44
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 6:24 am

NICE take on the pic … different, and well done !

6. Luna
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 10:12 am

Very cute! Happy Friday!

7. Ashly Star
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 10:46 am

That picture goes PERFECTLY with the (very sexy) text. :)

8. Red
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 11:37 am

Mmmmm, that story was good enough to eat! Yummy!

9. Spring Flower
    July 3rd, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

Very much original and sensual!!! Happy FFF :)

10. Iona
    July 4th, 2010 @ 6:50 am

You are tickling my brain in all the right ways with this.

Just Yum!

11. Miss Magenta
    July 5th, 2010 @ 4:21 pm

I love love LOVE your spin on this! Your mind works in wonderful, wonderful ways m’dear.

xx MM

July 5th, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

Serotonin – The image just begged to be played with. Glad you liked!

PB – *tastes you* Hopefully I’ll be back for more fff goodness next week :)

Lexi – Hooray for reactions that end in sexy giggles!

Diabahl – *smiles*

netsfan – Many thanks :)

Luna – Cute is good. I like cute!

Ashly – Aww – you’re a dear!

Red – *feeds you stories*

Spring Flower – I’m delighted you enjoyed it :)

SS – I tickled your brain? Does it make you squirm?

MM – *beams* You give the best compliments, hon!

xx to all,

Dee

13. Hedone
    October 9th, 2012 @ 8:55 pm

:). Cute

It is an honor to have a scupture in ones likeness but to have the medium be food–yummy!

I would not resist tasting me…LOL

-H

October 10th, 2012 @ 9:07 am

I’m with you Hedone – I’d be tasting me too!