Sunshade

Posted on | January 8, 2009 | 18 Comments |

It’s the middle of summer – the sun beats down, the cicadas chirp, the cats sprawl in the shade. And I sit in the shade with them – my skin and summer are not mixy things, and I suffer burnination very swiftly. However, I’ve discovered ways to protect myself from the reddening rays: parasols.

Over the last few years, I’ve built up a lovely collection – and loved ones always know what to buy me for special occasions! This is my newest acquisition, a birthday gift from Adonis and Aphrodite.

click!

Of course, wearing no clothes and only utilising my parasol is going to get me burnt … but it was worth it to feel the warmth on my skin and tantalise the neighbours!

Kiana enjoyed taking these pictures for me so damned much that I got to return the favour – if you visit her blog you’ll see how glorious she looks with the sun dappling her skin, and the parasol dipping across her body.

HNTbutton

Comments

18 Responses to “Sunshade”

1. hntfor3
    January 8th, 2009 @ 4:44 am

I love being naked in the sun, but I have the same problem as you, so don’t do it often. And your parasol is just cute. :)

hhnt

peace…

2. 13messages
    January 8th, 2009 @ 7:04 am

Your neighbors are in quite the enviable position right about now. :)

I love this post.

3. mina
    January 8th, 2009 @ 8:19 am

That parasol is beautiful… as are you! HHNT

4. Sienna
    January 8th, 2009 @ 9:02 am

The parasol is so delicate and pretty. Just like all that milky white skin :)

5. Amorous Rocker
    January 8th, 2009 @ 10:12 am

The parasol is very pretty! Being naked in the sun is wonderful. Hopefully you didn’t burn too much.

Happy HNT!

6. An Artist Exposed
    January 8th, 2009 @ 11:56 am

Such beautiful photos – I love the sun and shade on your skin. HHNT!

7. Vixen
    January 8th, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

Love that first pic. Beautiful parasol, shadow and lighting!

8. Beautiful Dreamer
    January 8th, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

Love the first photo! I wish I could be nude in the warm sun right now- soak up some for me. HHNT

9. Thursday's Child
    January 8th, 2009 @ 10:56 pm

I love that parasol – I just recently learned that you collect them!
    Did you know that instead of flowers, all of my bridesmaids carried parasols and that we gave them as favors! Remind me to send you pics sometime!

10. MarcelloNYC
    January 8th, 2009 @ 11:59 pm

Very Beautiful!

11. Dana
    January 9th, 2009 @ 1:37 am

We have lots of sun right now, but the temp is 8 degrees F. It will take more than a beautiful parasol to protect me!

Dee, absolutely lovely as usual! There is just something about you that is so alluring!

12. Min
    January 9th, 2009 @ 2:08 am

Definitely wouldn’t want you to get burnt :-).

HHNT

13. Nolens Volens
    January 9th, 2009 @ 6:18 am

Damn…now I want to be somewhere warm and sunny! ;) HHNT!

14. Ro
    January 9th, 2009 @ 3:05 pm

A cute parasol indeed – I love the first photo, delightful contrasts :)

Happy (belated) HNT!

15. Anonymous
    January 9th, 2009 @ 3:23 pm

soo cute!
    sooo sexy!!
    sooo beautiful!

16. Shay
    January 9th, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

Gorgeous! Thanks for bringing a taste of summer to my wintery world!

17. rage
    January 11th, 2009 @ 2:25 am

I’ve never seen such a beautiful parasol!

18. Curvaceous Dee
    January 11th, 2009 @ 9:14 am

hntfor3 – Being naked in the sun is glorious – but it’s much safer to be naked in the shade :)

13messages – If they were looking out the right window they totally would have had a treat!

mina – Thank you sweetie! I have 10 parasols now, and the first HNT of each month is going to feature one (gives me until mid-October to source to more, or to borrow some from Artemis and Aphrodite).

Sienna – That milky white skin is blushing now!

Amorous Rocker – I managed to avoid burning during our parasol play. Which pleases me mightily!

Artist Exposed – Kiana did a marvellous job taking pictures. She’s very good.

Vixen – Why thank you!

Dreamer – I’m more than happy to soak up some sunshine for you. Not sure how I’ll pass it along, though!

Thursday – Generally the only other time I see people using parasols is at weddings. Which is a shame, as they’re beautiful and very useful indeed. I’d love to see your pictures.

Marcello – Me, the parasol, or the pictures? *grins*

Dana -*shivers* It barely gets down to 7deg centigrade here – you definitely need more than a parasol!

Min – No burning for me. I’ve gotten good at either avoiding the sun, applying sunblock, or shading myself.

Nolens – That’d be my backyard!

Ro – Thank you muchly :)

Anonymous – Why thank you! Those are three good adjectives!

Shay – You are most welcome. You all do the same for me when it’s winter here and summer there :)

Rage – It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? It’s paper, and flowers.

xx to all, Dee