Sheer

Posted on | January 22, 2009 | 18 Comments |

One of the great things about summer (yes, it’s summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere) is sarongs. I have a variety of colours and patterns – which go with my moods and my clothes – and they’re ever so handy!

After Apollo and I first moved in together, he promptly claimed one of my sarongs – in this heat it’s morning wear, post-work wear, and all-weekend wear! It was originally a gift from my (now ex) partner’s brother’s partner, so was happy to give it a more positive spin. Not to mention the yellow and green suit him, and I get to perve at his arse through the thin material…

My own sarongs have come from all over the place. I still have my first-ever sarong, a gift my mother brought back from Bali when I was still a teen. Then there’s the sarong I purchased at Sea World on the Gold Coast; sarongs I’ve found in hospice shops and fashion boutiques (for the larger lady); and sarongs that I’ve been gifted by friends who’ve travelled.

This is one of them. A friend came back from Fiji with this for me, and I love it. Not only is it one of only two sarongs that doesn’t need ironing after a wash … it’s also remarkably sheer!

Sarongs can be worn long, or folded in half. You can tie it around the breasts, or wrap it around the hips. It can be tied in a knot or pulled through a coconut-shell sarong-holder, or merely tucked in place.

But they always look great.

Many thanks to Aphrodite for taking great photos!

HNTbutton

Comments

18 Responses to “Sheer”

1. MarcelloNYC
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 3:43 am

That is sheer beauty!

HHNT Sexy!

2. Ms. Lily
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 4:39 am

The sarong is lovely, as is the model. I so wish it were warm here! Happy HNT!!

3. Vixen
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 4:47 am

It’s been about that warm here too! Lovely sarong!

4. Bad Bad Girl
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 5:04 am

I love Sarongs too!!! Great pics this week!!!

5. Beautiful Dreamer
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 6:37 am

I don’t own one- but may now find one! I LOVE the second photo- very pretty! HHNT

6. An Artist Exposed
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 10:33 am

Great sarong pic… HHNT!

7. Amorous Rocker
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 11:46 am

I LOVE that second picture, it is so beautiful. That’s a very pretty sarong, thanks for sharing! Happy HNT! XoXo

8. CowGirl
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 11:46 am

Very nice pics, HHNT. :)

9. Carnalis
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

a sheer sarong has so many uses – and should never be restricted for just women wear :)

jolly pics .. although i am wistful for warmer days now.

Happy HNT!

10. Dana
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

Love, love, LOVE that middle photo! You are always so creative!

11. mina
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 4:22 pm

Fantastic HNT! You know, I don’t own a sarong (yeah weird since I live in California)BUT you make it plainly obvious that I should! When summer rolls around here again, that will be one of my summer time purchases.

12. Wendy Blackheart
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 7:03 pm

That saraong in the first photo is asstastic. <3

13. ~*Jobthingy*~
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

im so jealous you have summer and i dont. i miss my sarong. i think ill turn the heat up in here and prance around in mine this weekend

HHNT gorgeous

14. Sitting on Satan
    January 22nd, 2009 @ 8:28 pm

That middle picture is fantastic! I love the color, and ooh, a hint of glasses too. Lovely!

Happy HNT.

15. hntfor3
    January 23rd, 2009 @ 12:19 am

I have several sarongs that I love wearing when the weather is nice. Today is not one of those days (54 and raining).

You look fabulous – and that sarong is beautiful.

peace…

16. Thursday's Child
    January 23rd, 2009 @ 2:02 am

Oh that is so beautiful – I love the sheer rainbow of colors.

I’m so jealous of your warm weather though – I’m wearing socks and sweatpants today!

17. viemoira
    January 25th, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

oh yes, i do believe i will have to gets me one of those before summer returns my way! i can imagine the smooth silky feeling around my hips and thighs already!

18. Curvaceous Dee
    January 28th, 2009 @ 4:59 am

Marcello – Your play on words amuses me :)

Ms. Lily – Allow me to send you some sunshine and warmth through the internet-tubes.

Vixen – Glad someone else has some hot weather!

BBG – I would love to see a pic of you in a sarong sometime, you know.

Dreamer – Everyone should own (at least one) a sarong. And I’m really pleased with that second image too :)

Amorous Rocker – Aphrodite has a great eye for photos, and I love how that one came out.

Carnalis – I am of the opinion that sarongs are for all. Mind you, with our large Pacific Island population, it’s not uncommon to see more men than women in them :)

Dana – In this instance Aphrodite (taking the photos) was the creative one. But thank you!

Mina – Hooray for convincing you that a sarong is a must. Make sure you get one for Sylvanus too :)

Wendy – *snicker* Yes, yes it is.

Jobthingy – So, did you prance? Enquiring minds would like to know!

Sitting on Satan – I love my glasses. They mean I can see what I’m doing :)

hntfor3 – Perhaps an idea for a Summer HNT for you?

Thursday – If anyone can make socks and sweats sexy, it’s you!

viemoira – Excellent. Soon, sarongs will take over the world …

Artist, Cowgirl – Thank you both!

xx to all, Dee