Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You…

Posted on | August 6, 2007 | 38 Comments |

I received my first caning today.

curvaceousdee arse caning

Canes scare me, and for a long time have been on the hard limit ‘do not want’ part of my BDSM checklist. But, as with many things that scare me, canes also have the power to intrigue me. When visiting expos and sex shops I’d find myself approaching the canes on display, brushing them gently with my fingertips, feeling their smooth coolness. I’d look upon the different styles, weights, widths and lengths, and all would sing siren songs of pain to me – but I would back away, unwilling to be tempted.

But when I went on a sex shop binge with Aphrodite recently (five sex shops in two hours – one of those posts I just haven’t gotten around to writing), I saw the cane that I knew was for me. Did it pick me, or did I pick it? It’s not long – about a foot – and not narrow – about the thickness of a piece of chalk. Not too whippy, not too light. A good place to start, if one is going to embark on a scary journey with pieces of wood that sting!

I spent a few weeks looking at the cane. Holding it, feeling it. Aphrodite tested it out (gently) on the soles of my feet. I didn’t freak out, turn around and return it to the store – somehow it seemed that this was a toy that I wasn’t going to return. But, of course, I hadn’t actually had it used on me. The test was yet to come.

Today I saw Helios, my occasional lover and Dom, for the first time this year (oh boy – it has been too long). He’s long known about my fear of canes, and teased and tormented me about it. And today, he got to introduce me to them.

Here are my thoughts about my caning session, succinctly put: OW. *cries* OW. *whimpers* OW. *weeps* OW. *desperately wants to come*

curvaceous dee caning arse

(It hurt like a bastard. But I knew it would, and Helios had made sure I was very aware it would. What I didn’t know what that it would turn me on as much as it hurt me. Not that it surprises me, in retrospect.)

curvaceous dee caning arse

My conclusion, reached a few hours later as I sit gingerly in my computer chair, is this: I loved it, I hated it. I want it some more – just not until this lot heals up. I’m not scared away … although I’m still cautious. And I’ve broken the fear – although not the cane!

Comments

38 Responses to “Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You…”

1. kiana
    August 6th, 2007 @ 9:36 am

Yum yum yum!

I’m glad your first experience broke the fear :)

I’ve got a very similar relationship with the cane, except now I’m to the point of craving it even though I half hate it.

2. Z
    August 6th, 2007 @ 9:37 am

Your succinct description made me giggle:)

It fascinates me how some kinds of pain can turn us on.

3. Curvaceous Dee
    August 6th, 2007 @ 9:41 am

Kiana – you commented! *hugs and kisses* Maybe I need to see your Dom cane you and pick up some pointers?

Z – glad you got a giggle, hon :) And yes, the pain/pleasure reaction is continually fascinating.

4. Alex
    August 6th, 2007 @ 11:36 am

Mmmmmm!!!! Beautiful pictures, Dee! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Alex

xoxox

5. Megan
    August 6th, 2007 @ 11:47 am

I have been craving a cane as well…now…well…I might be a little more scared….and possibly a little turned on.

Damn you! ;-)

6. Tara Tainton
    August 6th, 2007 @ 3:13 pm

Oh wow! What a shocking, unexpected and highly erotic photo set to find!

And you sound so much like me (which is why I could easily picture myself living more of your own lifestyle choices in my own future)… thinking “probably not” about something while also remaining curious about it until you likely want to know the experience one day. :)

I like the sound of your all-day sex shop tour. Makes me wonder how the shops in kiwi land differ from those here in the States; I never visited one in New Zealand. Will you take me on a tour in the future? ;)

xoxo
    Tara

7. Lady in red
    August 6th, 2007 @ 5:49 pm

hey dont steal my thunder!

I got my first spanking including canes on friday so can totally appreciate your feelings of pain and pleasure. It bloody hurt but I would still do it again though I can’t see myself getting fully into the scene, just more as apart of sexual play from time to time.

I don’t have pictures of my marked ass just yet but they will be posted soon

8. Curvaceous Dee
    August 6th, 2007 @ 9:41 pm

Alex – I am so pleased you liked the pictures – luckily Helios was as pleased to be asked to take the photos as I was to have them taken!

Megan – *chortles* Those pesky canes are very good at kicking off the scared/turned on conundrum, aren’t they?

Tara – ‘Highly erotic photo set’ – thank you so much for your lovely words! *blushes*

I would be delighted to take you on a tour in the future – it would be an absolute pleasure :) And I really should write that post now, shouldn’t I?

Lady – Whoops! I didn’t mean to still your thunder, I promise! And yet, it did bloody hurt, huh?

I look forward to your pictures with great interest :)

9. Luka
    August 6th, 2007 @ 11:56 pm

I will trust you about the sunscreen.

The caning however, for me, is a World of No. Looks good on you, though.

10. Musns
    August 7th, 2007 @ 1:52 am

Kudos to you for your braving the cane. Just picking a cane (or allowing it to pick you) is a huge step.

Wistful – I can’t even get him to use a ‘mock’ paddle.

Lovely…just lovely ass btw. I have a desire to attempt to gently smooth the marks away.

11. Lady in red
    August 7th, 2007 @ 6:52 am

I forgive you ;-)

I find your pictures fascinating, from what I can see of the remaining marks on my ass, they are very different. I am looking forward to seeing my pictures.

you obviously received more strikes with the cane than I did. mine being six. was your experience with the cane only?

12. Ubong Da
    August 7th, 2007 @ 7:01 pm

hmmm what can i say. we all have our poison

13. having my cake
    August 7th, 2007 @ 10:06 pm

Owowowowowowow. Im sorry but that just makes me even more scared of the whole idea. You guys are really brave but, I admit it, Im a pussy!!!!!

14. Droplet
    August 7th, 2007 @ 10:26 pm

AAAAAHHH! Ouch!

But you must hand it to her. They’re so evenly spaced. A work of art, really. How do they look now?

15. Curvaceous Dee
    August 7th, 2007 @ 10:55 pm

Luka – You got the reference! As an aside, sunscreen is an absolute must-have for me – I burn in seconds in summer (darn that pesky ozone hole).

Caning is definitely not for everyone – and may well still not be for me. More experimentation is required. Thanks for the compliments on how it looks, though!

Musns – *blushes* If you’re ever in the country, you’d be welcome to smooth my arse – it loves attention, especially feminine. And thank you for the kudos :)

Lady – I received 10 – no, 11 (one didn’t count) on my right buttock, and 7 on my left – the one at the top which welted so wickedly he decided would count as 3…

My arse only received caning – it was deliberately left clear to build the anticipation while he tormented me elsewhere on my body.

Ubong – Well, it did just about kill me! Still not sure if this is for me. Mind you, if it were odourless (so to speak) a la Iocaine Powder, I doubt it would appeal to me as much.

Cake – Nothing wrong with being scared of the idea – I’m still scared of it, and I’m doing it! Thank you for calling me brave, though – I don’t feel particularly brave, just stubborn and determined.

Droplet – A work of art? Awwwww :) Helios is a him, and he’s a lot of experience with canes (which is why I trusted him to introduce me to it). He was actually quite unimpressed with the work he did, and decided he needs to practice more *winces*

They’ve faded really quickly, with the exception of the welted one on the top left. That one’s still there and twinging!

xx to all, Dee

16. Droplet
    August 7th, 2007 @ 10:59 pm

Him! This is why I should not ever attempt to interact with the world.

Welt (wince). Did he get the bone or something?

17. Curvaceous Dee
    August 7th, 2007 @ 11:02 pm

I don’t think he got the bone, Droplet – just whacked that one considerably harder than the others!

And i think you do a fine job interacting with the world … well, with other sex bloggers at least!

18. Lolly
    August 8th, 2007 @ 1:44 am

MEOW…You have TIGER Stripes on Your Ass!!!!!

19. Gillette
    August 8th, 2007 @ 5:30 am

EEK!! Canes scare the shit out of me..won’t be trying that one any day soonly here..you be brave.

20. Lady in red
    August 8th, 2007 @ 6:44 am

I managed to count to four then found I couldnt tellthe difference between the numbers 5 & 6 or maybe they are te same thing, I didnt think anything could confuse my mind so quickly.

I posted what I learnt on kindred. my marks have gone now as has the memory of the pain which felt like it would be imprinted on my mind and body for much longer.

does Helios practice placing the strikes precisely, my partner does. He likes to place perfect parrallel lines. Of my six the second was slightly off which really stung as it caught my thigh!

21. Curvaceous Dee
    August 8th, 2007 @ 10:40 am

Lolly – *cracks up* I hadn’t thought of them like that! I do indeed :)

Gillette – I don’t know that I was that brave – I was bloody terrified, and literally quaking as I knelt there. Still, it was an experience I don’t regret!

Lady – Thin canes sting, thicker ones thud – this is precisely why the one I purchased wasn’t too thin. I’m generally better with thud than sting, and even a thuddy cane is a good deal ‘stingier’ than I am used to!

I don’t know if he was lining them up or not – I would presume so, but I wasn’t really in the right state of mind to ask him afterwards :)

22. Goldslut
    August 8th, 2007 @ 1:22 pm

Beautiful pics. I want to see that ass covered in purple sparkles!

23. Curvaceous Dee
    August 8th, 2007 @ 9:37 pm

Thank you, Goldie! I’d like to see that too :)

24. la fille mariée
    August 8th, 2007 @ 10:45 pm

Beautiful lines… so artistic. I am full of envy.

25. Wendy
    August 9th, 2007 @ 3:44 am

Miss Dee, I’m whimpering where I sit, and I’m giving you the credit/blame. Now, I like a nice solid whupping. I have a wonderful leather strap to be used on me, and who doesn’t like a nice flogging or handspanking? I certainly enjoy them. But canes were an absolute no-no. I hated ‘em.

My last boyfriend love ‘em. I’d cane the daylights out of him. But when it was my turn…not so much.

But, as it happens, I read, and was curious, and when Jefferson started using some bamboo cane’s on me, today, after my nice flogging, I didn’t stop ‘em. And it was fucking hot!

I just wish I had a camera so I could show off the bruises and welts. And I wish I could remember not to sit down so fast. Owie.

So…thanks!

26. Curvaceous Dee
    August 9th, 2007 @ 11:03 am

LFM – *blushes* Why thank you! My cheeks are all red, now :)

Wendy – sounds like you had quite the time – I’m glad I could inspire you to try the evil canes again! And I wish you had a camera too …

27. Beginning with "B"
    August 12th, 2007 @ 8:38 pm

That mix of pleasure & pain,
    I see,
    arose from the Cane;

With, swiftness I hear,
    and Ultimately
    Cheer,

This Sugar-filled post,
    without fear!

***

Well, CD….I found another post to pick for “best of 3″…

***

Loved this!
    xx,b.

28. Curvaceous Dee
    August 13th, 2007 @ 8:28 am

I like that you cheer, B – thank you for the ‘vote’ of confidence!

29. Quips & Chains
    August 15th, 2007 @ 4:25 am

Such a lovely post. Canes are definitely on the fringe of where I am, at the moment. They are, absolutely sexy, and alluring. I love holding one, feeling the center of balance, and slicing the air. And nothing else gives that tactile feedback… whack! They do, however, hurt, and ultimately, I’m a lover, not a fighter. ;)
    Sometimes, though, my wife’s ass needs those stripes. Yum.

30. Curvaceous Dee
    August 15th, 2007 @ 5:58 am

Thank you, Quips, for such a lovely comment. Alluring sums up their appeal to me as well :)

31. katie
    August 17th, 2007 @ 6:59 pm

it always excites me when i read of someone experienceing the cane for the first time. I have had some memorable canings but none quite so special as the first time.

32. Curvaceous Dee
    August 18th, 2007 @ 5:51 am

I think memorable, exciting and special sum it all up very well, Katie. I look forward (well, something like that) to experiencing it again simply to see how my perception of it changes.

33. katie
    August 19th, 2007 @ 4:45 pm

have the marks gone yet?? i like to keep my marks as long as possible. My worse caning lasted four weeks and i was so proud, weird huh

34. Devilbluedress
    August 19th, 2007 @ 8:28 pm

Crossing boundaries can be such a turn on. I’m not sure that I want caning though. I love a hand touching me…

35. Curvaceous Dee
    August 20th, 2007 @ 7:43 am

I’m afraid that those marks are gone now, Katie. But I still have the photographs :)

And now that boundary’s crossed, there’s no going back, Devil – I have a cunning suspicion that I’m going to spend a lot of time at the Erotica Expo looking at the canes available for purchase!

36. Emma Kelly
    August 20th, 2007 @ 8:27 pm

congratulations CD on a great post.

scott
    Mrs. Kelly’s Playhouse

37. Curvaceous Dee
    August 22nd, 2007 @ 5:32 am

*beams* Thank you Scott!

38. Anonymous
    January 28th, 2009 @ 8:49 am

Glad you got to experience it & you never know you may get to love it even more mmmm, very nice marks, now wonder what they look like with some rope wrapped around you heehe

slavetreva(WW)